Wednesday, July 22, 2009

FTC (failure to conceive)

I finally heard from my husband-- I say FINALLY, cause we typically talk every day or close to it, deployment be damned. I was able to give him some updates on the personal chaos that ensued after he left and we just made small talk until I had to tell him, no, I'm not pregnant. He was so disappointed. I could read it all over his... typing? It's not that we were really PLANNING for another baby pre-R&R, but we both got "baby fever" pretty hard when he was home, and spent a lot of time sharing our hopes and dreams and trying to plan out how to fit another small person into our lives when our current small-ish person takes up SO much of the space in our home and hearts. But we wanted it, we were prepared. And it's not that we can't try again when he gets home, it's just the initial "failure" with the inability to continue to try for another almost half of a year. When we were trying to get pregnant the first time, it wasn't a huge deal if it didn't work right away (it only took 3 months so I'm not really complaining), because he was HOME and we had TIME. It was a luxury that we took for granted the entire time before he left. I had gotten the negative results via an unrelated ER visit two days earlier... I was disappointed, sure, but not really upset because I was dealing with so much else. Now, though, telling him forced me to face head on how I really feel. And I admit, I'm sad. And I can also admit that I don't feel like I can really talk to people about how I feel, because almost NO ONE in my life supports the idea of another baby so soon (our son is 9 months old). I know, it's not up to anyone else, but it's hard to share your heart with someone when you can feel the judgement vibes rolling off of them. It shouldn't matter, it's not the end of the world, but it does matter and it just really sucks right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment