Monday, August 10, 2009

uhm...

Wow. So. I have meant to write something-anything for a WEEK now... Seriously, half written blogs are making my brain overflow. But I just can't seem to find the next note in my song. I feel like I'm in this stupid, stupid place. I'm holding my breath, waiting to see what's about to happen next. So many questions that I'm hoping have easy answers that don't involve me having to fight for my life slash future children. But I don't want my life to pause on the "I might have cancer" note because, hell, if I refuse to let OTHER stupid shit define me (deployment, drama, etc. etc.), no matter how life altering... Why would I let the POSSIBILITY of something define me? I mean, if we're gonna go that route, I might as well just live in fear of a piano falling on top of my head and squishing me like a bug (what movie was that from? Final Destination or something? My movie trivia is not up to par). If I'm gonna let possibility cripple me, instead of living in hope and continuing to smile, that just kinda sets me up for a bad deal if I DO end up being sick. Hello. Mind over matter anyone?

So now that I've got that out of the way... I just want to marvel at the fact that in less than a month, my husband and I mark the two-but-really-feels-like-five year anniversary of our being together. Our first date was September 1, 2007. *Jaw dropping math moment in 3... 2... 1...* And on November 21, we celebrate our second wedding anniversary*. To say, "We've come a long way," is a huge understatement. We've been through a-freaking-lot. AND, may I add, made one stinking perfect son. I'll save the sappy posts for the actual anniversary days, but I just realized it's only been two years!


*We DID know each other for 6 or 7 months before we were actually an item. And we waited almost a week before we quit denying that we were... ahem... involved. Once your 13 year old sister calls you on your shit, you pretty much know you're busted. But that's another story for another day (and would involve my adding one of those "I consent to view adult content" buttons before you go to my page).

1 comment: